The word "plasma" probably resonates with you in two ways. One being blood plasma, the liquid part of blood that holds blood cells in suspension and the liquid that's found in TV displays. Today, aesthetic doctors have found a way to use plasma energy for rejuvenating the face. SW1 Spa introduces the latest Cold Plasma Facial, which harnesses plasma energy to boost skin luminosity and renewal. Here's what you need to know about this wonder treatment.
1. It uses Plasma and not laser energy. Plasma is the 4th energy state of matter apart from solid, liquid and gas). To put it simply, it is an ionized gas, a gas into which sufficient energy is provided to free electrons from atoms or molecules and to allow both species, ions and electrons, to coexist.
2. Studies have shown that plasma can help to rejuvenate skin by delivering energy to the skin through plasma pulses induced by passing radiofrequency into nitrogen gas. The end result? Your skin goes through incredible collagen and elastin regeneration. The new, healthy tissue eventually replaces the wrinkled, damaged tissue to produce firmer and more youthful skin.
3. Energy is transferred to the skin without direct contact with the skin, so there are no open wounds and therefore comes with minimal downtime. This makes this treatment perfect as a one-off treat before an important event.
4. It can be used for all skin types. Plasma also does not react to melanin, therefore people of darker skin types will benefit from it as well.
5. Active ingredients penetrate 3-5 times better after Cold Plasma Facial. At SW1 Spa, skin lightening and brightening ingredients are immediately infused into the skin after a Cold Plasma treatment to allow maximal absorption.